Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can i regenerate each frame?

navyenzo

Let me start right off by saying that i have been doing a lot of research on this topic, and the concensus is that springs cannot be made to flex in real time or during an animation.

Yes, i know that i can use the dynamics springs, but it only lets you choose the diameter as the display option, and so it just doesn't look right. And it always looks like a tension spring, but i need a compression spring.

I have created a spring and made it flexible, so that it changes size accordinly as i move things around, but to make it change size i have to regenerate once the components are in the right place.

So i was thinking, can I make the model regenerate during each frame as i am recording an animation, so that the model will change the spring size for each frame?

I have the option to render each frame, but not to regenerate each frame.

If not, thanks for your help anyway.

hi,

i am also having the same problem, i think instead of mechanism we can
solve our problem in animation. in that there is an option to import
frames as well as running them in the video file . is it right or not
plz try .

Well in animation the regeneration option is still not available.

In animation they have events, such as view events (camera zooming / rotation), display events where you can change the view styles, and transparancy events where you can change the transparancy of components.

But still they have no regeneration option for each frame that is generated for the mpeg output.

Oh well, i guess i'm going to have to give up on this.

super old thread but I would like to resurect it. I am having the same issue when attempting to animate a mechanism. My mechanism contains a "warped" part that was made flexible. When I try to save snapshots or create an animation, ProE turns that warped part into a simp. rep. It would be nice if you could actually regenerate and then snap the frameshot. Can it be done?

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back