Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to turn an sec file to solid

smekwn

Hi. I am new to pro-e. I am learning pro-e using tutorial and have created a lens part and is advised to save as sec file by the tutorial. When I closed and open the file again I found the 2D profile and it is not in 3D. I also cannot find ways to continue to turn it into 3D using extrude as the commands are missing. I am using wildfire 2.0. Thank you.

Hey smekwn,

Perform the following steps:

You need to start a new PART file, do not open the .sec file directly. Goto File->New... and create a new part file.

1) Goto Insert->Extrude...

2) In the dashboard (bottom of the window), click "Placement" and select the "Define" button when it appears.

3) A "Sketch" dialog window will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, select the desired datum plane on which to place the sketch. Click the "Sketch" button.

4) Add any desired references in the "References" dialog that appears and then select the "Close" button.

5) Goto Sketch->Data from file... and select the .sec file in the file browser. Click the "Open" button.

6) You can now place the section file on the sketching plane.

7) Click on the "Accept" button (blue check mark) while in the sketcher once the .sec is placed.

8) Click on the "Accept" button (green check mark) in the dashboard to complete the extrusion.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: acook

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back