Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

isogen piping

toshinsky

I am looking to start using isogen piping - but have no real good documention on it. I have figured out how to create an isogen drawing but it does create the bill of material on the drawing correctly. None of the fittings show up on bom. Has anyone used this. I am using out of the box fitting library from PTC. I would think that it should work.

Thanks in advance Tom

ISOGEN is a separate module from ALIAS which integrates with Pro/Engineer Pro/Piping. By the way in WF 3.0 you7 don,t need it.

PTC online documentation is enough for how to use ISOGEN.

Israr

What do you mean in WF3.0 that you do not need IT? Are you saying that the plugin module for ISOGEN ALIAS comes with WF3.0? Or is there some new to create iso sketchs?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

Just contact alias and they will walk you through setting up ISOGEN or I can send you some training material

Jim

we purchased ISOGEN from Pro-e india . but when ever we have prob in configuring the isogen and we ask to pro-e people they simply told please go through the documention given by alias which i guess close to 500 pages . (wat a great support).

i tried my self and start genrating the output (70% automated ) 30% manual editing . TO move further to 85% or 90% i m not able to get any help . even in the pro-e piping there are lots of concept which is not known to me . if any one have some good concept in pro-e piping then please let me know and do e-mail me at

[email protected]

thanks and regards

Varun Kant

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back