Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to keep welds attach on exploded view

arroyopr

When it is exploded like that, why do you have to show the weld. Couldn't you just hide it?

Sip

This isn't logical; if you weld few parts together in one assembly, then all this welded parts are as one, and this assembly become a part.
In this your case I'm not sure where those2 welds should be attached in exploded state? on which part?
So better solution is what Sip said, just simply put welds on layer and hide them in exploded state.

Yes,I thought about that, but i'm trying to insert to views in one page. on the unexploded view I would like to spec.out the weld for application requirements. plus the flange, tube and the bottom plate have some machining to be done. So they have there own dwg. After machining then they become one part. I'm just trying to avoid to create a Subassembly, andor another dwg page.

go to the view manager and select to modify the explode state then pick copy position, pick the component whose position you wish to remain fixed then pick th component (weld) you want to attach to to

It's allright I just created a sub-assembly with the parts welded on it and then a created the dwg for it. I just was been lay-z
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back