Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cable length calc.

imran sajid

end to end cable length can be found easily using the

cable_len("cable name",-1,-1)

but if u wana to calculate cable length between any desirable length, the cable length caommand changes;

cable_len("cable name", cable location 1,cable location 2)

what i should entervalue incable location 1 & cable location 2 so that i have correct length b/w 2 points

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Any chance to show how to apply it?

Where do I apply this command. Parameters does notrecognize it and ProE doesn't have a command line.

is "cable name" with quotes? Do I use "Wire id 300" or "300"?

Thanks,

Thad

Thad,

In Pro/E menu: "Applications / Cabling",
then in Menu Manager: "Relations",
In Relations, menu "Utilities / Evaluate",
In the little dialog, enter "cable_len("cable name",-1,-1)",
Cable name has to be between quotes yes,

You can find out the cable name in the model tree, either highlight the cable segment and right click, then: "Info / feature".
The opened window shows the cable name.
Using -1,-1 gives the total cable length, but you can enter ID's of Cable Location features to calculate the length of cable segments.

Adding some more colums in the Model Tree can be useful (see attached screenshot).

Kind regards
Eddy
PS. Sorry for the poor quality of the screenshot, but 50kB isn't much ..
smiley18.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg

Nice tip Eddy. I'm interested in using this to report this information to a table, preferably to a repeat region. Do you have a prefered method you use? I was poking around at assigning the relation as a feature relation in the harness part. I think this would simplify creating a table. Your thoughts?

I 'think' you can assign the expression result to a parameter.
If you can insert that parameter then in the table ...
But I have never tried this myself .. Sorry.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back