Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Surface finish side change

Bigadz

Hi all,

does anyone know how to change the side of the surface finish on a sheetmetal component?

I have modelled my part and started the drawing only to find the green 'finished' side is on all the inside faces rather than on the outer ones as I require,

cheers
smiley2.gif

Adam

the green side is not the finished side, it is the driving side, the white side is the driven side. Why do you require the green side to be on the outside?

DB

Dell_Boy said:
the green side is not the finished side, it is the driving side, the white side is the driven side. Why do you require the green side to be on the outside?

DB

Becausehaving the colour differences allows the opportunity to specify that green could be the polished/finished side to our manufacturers. I understand that this means the driven side but for the purposes of being able to specify green as the polished side then it would be useful. Hence thegreen being on the outside, as the inside doesnt require such a good quality finish.

Does that mean that I have to'flip' thedriving direction to achieve this?

If you did a sheetmetal shell to create your part you can enter a negative thickness to flip the green/white sides otherwise you will probably have to work your way through inverting all the features seeing which ones will regen correctly and which ones don't.

If you want to get unparametric about it, you could export it as a step file and re-import it and use driving surface to create a new sheet metal part.

DB

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back