Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

gear motion

juproe

hi everyone,

I need to make two coupled gears moving, and i thought to some different solutions:

1. to give no constrains between the gears, and use 2 different motors, one for each gear, with the correct transmission ratio

2. to give a friction constrain between the 2 primitive surfaces, as to realize 2 friction gears, using a single motor applied to the input gear

3. to give a contact constrain between the opponent surfaces of 2 teeth, and apply a single driving motor

too easy to be true...

I have no problem in the first solution realization (2 different motors),

But, i don't know how to implement the other 2 solutions,does anyone have an idea?

thank you all

A better solution is to use a Gear Pairconstraintbetween the two gears. In WF2, while in the mechanism mode select the icon that shows 2 gears meshed. This option is new to WF and not availiable in 2001.

Good Luck.

oh! yes, you are right!

i wanted to create a join between the 2 gears in the standard mode, but it doesn't make sense!

thank you very much

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back