Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

retrive my config.win file

adevtale

I am working in different folder as every one does ,but every time i have to customise my window since my config.win file is not saved.

when ever i go to different i customise my window and save those things to config.win file located in same folder.

Can any body fix my problem.

Ashish

Pro/ENGINEER will read in config.win files from the following locations:

1. <loadpoint>/text/config.win

2. $home/config.win

3. $startup_dir/config.win

To make sure it is in the right local place start Pro/E. Select File>open and note where the current directory is. Customize your screen using Utilities>customize screen. Make sure the config.win file is saved to the same directory which Pro/E starts in. This should fix the problem. Otherwise just save a config.win somewhere and after you start Pro/E select Utilities>customize screen. Select File>open settings and browse for your config.win.

If you are using Windows OS change the script to find your home account.

set HOME =

set HOMEDRIVE=t: -> or whatever drive u want.

set HOMEPATH=%USERNAME%

set HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%

If you set HOME to a location then copy your config files there Pro will find them when it launches as kvision mentioned in their reply.

if you have any problems e-mail me [email protected]

This can also be acomplished by creating mapkeys that will load different config.win's.

I usually set up several for companies depending on the different mods of Pro/E they are using. Here are a couple of examples. Or email me and I can send them in another format.

[email protected]

mapkey @std_win @MAPKEY_NAMELoad 3D modeling windows configuration;mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABEL*Standard Toolbars;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Utilities`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Utilities.psh_util_toolbar_edit`;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `toolbar_edit` `MenuBar1`1 `menu_file`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `toolbar_edit` `MenuBar1`;~ Activate `toolbar_edit` `psh_open`;mapkey(continued) ~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` mapkey(continued) `k:\\\\configs\\\\win_cfg\\\\std_2000i.win`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Open`;~ Activate `toolbar_edit` `psh_ok`;

!

mapkey @drw_win @MAPKEY_NAMELoad drawing windows configuration;mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABEL*Drawing Toolbars;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Utilities`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Utilities.psh_util_toolbar_edit`;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `toolbar_edit` `MenuBar1`1 `menu_file`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `toolbar_edit` `MenuBar1`;~ Activate `toolbar_edit` `psh_open`;mapkey(continued) ~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` mapkey(continued) `k:\\\\configs\\\\win_cfg\\\\drw_2000i.win`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Open`;~ Activate `toolbar_edit` `psh_ok`;

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back