Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Checkout (Update) Conflict Message

deepakveettil

Can any expert in Intralink (or Advanced English...
smiley2.gif
) tell me what to do when the Conflict message reads as,

"New Child object of requested object version was not, itself, requested"

Consequently the file doesn't get checked out and updated inthe work space..

Please help immediately.. Release pending..

I don't have Intralink, but I think that it means that you have a part (or assembly)that uses the part you want to check-out. Since changing one part will change the other, you will need to check-out all parts that use this part (or assembly) to be able to change it.

I couldn't recollect whether I have seen this error earlier or not. Is it an error message? or warning message?

Try checking out in new work space. This may solve the problem if it is conflict warning.

or else you can try including the instances in check out options...

View attachment 2499

Thanks

I agree the conflict message is a little messy. What it means actually is durning check out, a component is calculated as a dependent of your seed assemblies for check out, however an object with the same name is already existing in the target workspace which has a status as new object.

In the conflict message, you should see the object's name. You can either check it out to another workspace, or try first check in the mentioned new object and try again.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back