Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

nVidea GeForce 7900 GTX Dual SLI

drvogler

I have been given the greenlight to upgrade my system.

I was thinking of going with the 64 bit dual core AMD, with the nVidea
7900 GTX Dual SLI, and 4 GB of memory... I also do a lot of
thermal analysis (that's how I justify the smoking fast system ;) )...

Has anybody tried using this wicked high-end graphics card with WF 2.0?

I don't imagine any compatibility problems, but I've never been allowed to go way out on the bleeding edge like this before...

Anyone have experience, or insights? Is it too much graphics card for ProE to handle?

Thanks,

Dave

Anyone have experience, or insights? Is it too much graphics card for ProE to handle?

No - but it's the wrong grafx for WF to handle. These are gaming cards. Great setup for F.E.A.R. but not ideal for WF. You need to be looking at a single Quadro FX3500 which will cost about the same astwin 7900GTX cards anyway.

But MUCH better performance for OpenGL.

umm, i'm running a 7800 and its great.. hidden line is not great, but i rarely work in that if ever.. i only run one vga card, i have no experience with a dual setup

i too was hesitant to go with a game card, until i saw what quattro gets for those, and they honestly arent that great on HLR either.. the dell i was issued at work is supposedly high end, and it blows compared to my system here at home

here its a dual core 4400 AMD and 2 gigsand it rocks, game card and all, i'd skip the quattro unless you have 2k just for that (still a near total waste IMO)
Edited by: whatttup_G

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back