Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Plastic Adviser

amitk_001

Hi,
Can any body tell me what is the cost of Pro/ Plastic Adviser. I am using WF3 and am thinking of getting this add on tool. Is there annual maintenance for this as well ? and is it the same as plastic adivser from Moldlfow ?

thanks
Amit

HI
it costs around 6000USD, it is the same mouldflow part advisor integrated with pro/e ,

FYI,

It is generally the same. However, certain functions that i have found out are not included in the Pro/Plastic Advisor compared to Plastic Advisor from Moldflow.

Jotry

Hi

I cannot seem to start Pro/Plastic Advisor inside WF2.0 (M180)and 3.0(M010). It keeps giving me an error message that the program cannot be started.

I understand that this is a common problem and there is a fix for this...anyone can guide me to it?

Thanks.

Jotry

Hi Zaki,

Well the installation all went well. It is just that it wouldn't want to start from pro engineer applications drop down menu. It basically says "partadv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have checked the installation..it is all in.

Hi Zaki,

I have found the solution, i found it here in another topic. Thanks.

FYI, the solution is:

The following key needs to be added to the registry

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTC\PLASTIC Advisor 7.0\Log]

Create "MPA_DISPLAY_DRIVER_STR"="Undefined"

If the Log directory does not exist, please go ahead and create one then add a string value to it.

To access the registry editor: Select >RUN >type the command REGEDIT >OK

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back