Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating a cable spool in PRO/Cabling

joyeth

Hi,

Im really at a loss on how to create a cable spool in PRO/Cabling. How is the "Conductor" button in the "Electrical Parameters" window activated (so the number of conductors could be modified)? I have obtained free tutorials on the topic but found none comprehensive enough to explain. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance.

Joyeth

Huh. I get the same thing. Best I can tell is that spools manually created within Pro/Cable are of the type prefab, and you can't specify a number of conductors. The only way to get cables with an editable number of conductors appears to be by reading them in from an XML file from RSD. I might file a Tech Support call to see if this is true seeing as there is no information from within the built-in Help.

In cable spools, "NUM_CONDUCTORS" is a required parameter which defines the number of conductors in the cable. This parameter has a value of "0", by default. Once you have added the parameter and set itequal to the required number of conductors for a given cable. The conductors button will then become active

Jim
Edited by: jimsmith

How do you add the NUM_CONDUCTORS parameter to a manually created spool?

If you create a cablespool manually, in the Electrical Parameters dialog box there is no way to add the parameter.

I tried to add such a parameter to the Spool feature out of the model tree, but it still did not show up when I went to edit the spool.

I did find one method that worked: I created my cable spool, accepted the default values of the parameters, then chose Edit from the spools menu, hit the Select All icon and OK. Since I already had some cables with the NUM_CONDUCTORS parameter, now I could assign a value and the Conductors button was active.

Whilst in the electrical parameters dialog select View > Columns > Pick Num_conductors> make it displayed > Then set a value more than 0

There are more parameters in the spool too. For example if you turn on other parameters you can modify color of the conductor and manage colors from the spool. quite cool.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back