Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

lenses for goggles - flatten quilt

sethg

I have a pair of goggles I'm modeling for a client. The goggles are done, but I'm now working on the lense/goggle interface, pretty much the same as any snow or motorcross goggle.

I created the goggle and lensewith the natural curve against the helmet, but now I need to flatten the lense so I can create notches for theinterface (which I understand how to do), but the hard part
smiley5.gif
is re-bending to the perfect radiusto fit into the goggle interfaceafter I extrude the notches (which is a .03" gap). Can you un flatten a quilt after flattening it with other features attached to it?

thanks for any input...seth

Could you post an image to see where the bend is? Have you ever use the warp feature? How about a 3d curve? well it's hard to suggest when i don't have a clue how the bend is form. There's many ways to skin a cat. But, If you are interested i have a tutorial for the warp feature. Maybe it could be usefull for the future. Anyway here is a very rough model using warp.Please let us know how is it coming

View attachment 2341

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back