Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3 Distance Measuring Bug

MartinBooker

I have a 2 piece assembly as in the picture below.
The grey 'shroud' item is assembled with its end face 'A' flush with the end face of the green shaft, face 'B'.

If I measure the distance 'Surface to Surface' from face 'A' to face 'B' I get a result of "0.0000" as you would expect - The two faces are flush.

A measurement from face 'C' to face 'B' (both end faces of the same part) returns "12.125".

Measuring from face 'C' to face 'A' (end face of shaft to end face of shroud) returns "12.150".

Thats 0.025" difference !!!!

Has anyone else experienced this potentially dangerous bug ?

View attachment 2330

i could not reproduce it. i am getting correct measurements in a simialar assembly to yours.

post the files if you like,

K

Makes sense if you are using WF 3. You must select definition and check the use as plane boxes - then select analysis to view results to measure the shortest distance between two parallel planes. Why this isn't the default is baffling

Yeah that worked, but what a pain in the a$$ !

Click measure distance.
Click choose two faces.
Click "Definition" tab
Check both "use as plane" boxes.
Click back on "Analysis" tab

You cant even set a mapkey up for all the click because the two check boxes dont appear until after you've selected your surfaces !!

smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

Cheers for your responses guys

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back