Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 3.0 - Assembly

Jett

- Shaded models come in as yellow - Can't view decals/logos on components for orientation purposes.....

- The entire screen turns a salmon color when using mate/align . Hard to make out whats in the background/foreground. Remains this way even when defining new constraints...

- If you don't have WF 3.0 yet, got to the ptc web site. Follow the links for the WF 3 stuff - First pic shows an assembly convenlently rotated out of the way of the assembly dialog box - The new placement of the dialog box causes constant panning/rotating....

Oh! man you just started a very touchie subject. I upgrade my wf2 to 3 a month after it was release. And I'm still not quite comfortable with it. Specially on assemblies and master assemblies dwg's packets and there're views. My working paste had slow down tremendouslly and it's very frustrating when people are use to your promt responde and they don't get it as fast as they use to, it really upset them. Mainlly becuase there're spending more money on me. My company spend more than a 100k's in lisence and maintenance a year. Shouldn't PTC send someone for a little free in house training or orientation,for customer appreciation?
Edited by: arroyopr

<DIV>Sorry to hear about your frustration. The dashboard approach should make the process easier & more flexible...
smiley1.gif
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The following config.pro option will retain the object appearance when placing:</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>preserve_comp_color_in_preview yes (default value in WF3 is no)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Not sure what you mean about the screen turning salmon color? Do you have assembly scope settings that highlight out-of-scope objects in that color?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>There is update training available for Wildfire 3.0...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://www.ptc.com/learning</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Search for "Wildfire 3.0 Update". The same material is available with In-Center, Virtual, or web-based. There are also classes in PTCU for advanced part & assy.</DIV>

"preserve_comp_color_in_preview yes" - This worked. Thanks

"Not sure what you mean about the screen turning salmon color? Do you have assembly scope settings that highlight out-of-scope objects in that color?" Not that I'm aware of. In the past, the surface outline would turn red to indicate which surfaces were selected. In WF 3 the area w/in the red outline turns pink which makes viewing fore/back ground features difficult.

Now I understand.I don't know of a way to disable the active highlight.

The surface hightlighting is affected by your lights. You can try adjusting the default ambient or adding you own. The dynamic controls for these are much better in WF3.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back