Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Some bug with Mapkey

Do you have another config.pro that is loading a defective duplicate mapkey definition after <loadpoint>/config.pro? That will overwrite the correct definition. I have a similar mapkey that works great:

mapkey da @MAPKEY_NAMEModify text string in drawing to todays date;\
mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELDate;%mt;@PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK;{1:&todays_ date};\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdObjActUI.dwg_sr`0;

Ok nice thanks :)

Just a question, does this Mapkey update itself? Cuz if i would open the Drawing the day after I used the Mapkey, will it still be the same Date, or will the Mapkey update itself?

When you use the mapkey, it changes the text string that you pick to:

{1:&todays_date}

which Pro/E will evaluate and replace with the current date in whatever format you have set todays_date_note_format in your config.pro.

Any other text in the string will be lost. I use it to update the date field in drawing format tables.

Note that there are extra line breaks in the post above (at least when I view it). I also see that I have an embedded mapkey "mt" (modify text line) in there that I didn't include. Oops! I have attached a text file in a zip file with the correct line breaks and the "mt" mapkey. It is named date.pro

2006-06-02_140603_date.zip
Edited by: dr_gallup

I had troubles with rightclick in mapkeys in general.
The hotline stated, that mapkeys wouldn't support rightclick.

Use the property command from the edit menu and it will work.

My problem has been, that the command from the pull down menu didn't work exactly the same. I tried to add a component parameter to all components of the assambly. Only the rightclick menu allows to do this for more than one component.

I found, that the command works in the mapkey, if I have used it once before (in session?).

C.Andersson said:
Ok nice thanks :)

Just a question, does this Mapkey update itself? Cuz if i would open the Drawing the day after I used the Mapkey, will it still be the same Date, or will the Mapkey update itself?
The date only changes when you run the mapkey. The date will not change when you open the drawing at a later date.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back