Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mechanism design

yuvi

hi all.

please guideme.

i have created 6 arm robote and assembled it by pin joints (5 pin joint) i check it by draging also it is ok movement. i want togive actual motion and create animation.

how i can do?

pls pay attent.

thanks

yuvi

You have to define servo motors for the pin joints, and define a motion profile for each axis.
The motion profile I define usually as table of values. I create a EXCEL sheet with the first column the time steps, and the following collumns the position (or velocity)of each servo. For every servo there is an additional sheet referencing the first one but only containing the time and one position column. These sheets can be exported to .txt and imported into the servo of mechanism.

Then you have to define an analsys with all the servos and run it.

Good luck

KurtStark,

This is precisely the method that I use (and was one of the examples I used in my presentation at the PTC/User World Event last week)! One thing to remember is that if you are using tabled data, you must use the Repeated Assembly as the analysis type unless you use a spline fit (which may cause problems). One trick I use is to export each sheet of the spreadsheet to a text file using some simple VBA code.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back