Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 3 - Measuring Distance

Jett

Had a mapkey in previous builds that would allow you to measure distance from one plane normal to another plane(2 clicks). It looks like they changed this in WF 3 where 4 additional clicks are required to make this happen (6 total)

Hope I'm missing something here - not sure why they would remove "plane" from the smart select dialog box

Jet WF3 it is more easy.. you just need to alter the mapkeys..

just select the planes that you want to measure the distance and run the mapkey/ select Analysis > Measure > Distance. Its simple.

"just select the planes that you want to measure the distance and run the mapkey/ select Analysis > Measure > Distance."

If you want the measurement to be from one plane normal to another plane, as I see it, in addition toanalysis>measure>distance you must select the two surfaces then select >definition & check the two view as plane boxes. It then puts a two place dimension on the model (useless to me) so you have to select analysis and view the three place results

The entire second surface selected turns a salmon color - very annoying; I just can't see the advantageto that

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back