Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Slider Direction

afusen

2006-05-22_234611_Mechanism.zip

Hello Everyody,

I have slider part connected on rail part using slider connection but when the slider part move up and get contact with the pin then the slider movement will change.

Please let me know how the slider part will change the movement andfollow the curve when get contact with the pin? The movement is from Linear to Slot?

Thanks in Advance,

Afusen

Hi Afusen. Your pin is fixed on the rail ? If it is, than it is unreal to simulate the movement.

View attachment 2303

Because during the analysis you will see the colisions and interferences of mechanism. But if your pin is not fixed on the rail (pin is another part of assembly).. than slider can clearly sliding over the rail and slider must have some input socket for slider slot... but than your "pin" will have a planar connection with rail and your "slider" will have only slider connection with rail, not planar!
You need to create an interrupted move of mechanism with "Cam follower" and with "Lift Off" function enabled.
Same problem I had with mechanism of Maltezian Cross and I fixed it with "Lift Off" function. Please take a look at GENEVA MECHANISM TOPIC.

..and here you can download the simple animation with lift off function:

2006-05-23_094435_Maltezian_Cross.rar

Good Luck.
Edited by: Miko

Hi Michal,

The Pin is force fit connected on the rail so it is fix. The slider part will move vertically and when it touch to the pin the slider movement will follow the slot cut on the slider.

What i am thinking is make a curve ( horizontal and shape of the slot ) so that i have slot follower connection and planar.

Please let me know your input.

Thanks,

Afusen

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back