Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Another Mold Design Challenge

Zaki

Here is another challenge for mold designers. It matters not only mold spliting but the complete mold design for that part. If I put the pics of my moldhere then what is remaining?? so plz try hard, Dont ask the moldability, I had make the mold and that is running and producing parts.

2006-05-11_033755_c_tray.zip

Hi guys

what happens to all of u?? no reply from 4 days????????!!!!!!, what r u all doin men!!!?? do something, even wrong, its not a big matter but u all must do something.

waiting for reply.

stating the obvious, this mould will have a whole load of side cores and sliders. not an easy boy to pick apart. am facing problems with the 3 protruding bits in the middle. i can't see how a linear slider will work here. perhaps a rotational type?

can't spend too much time on this, boss is around.

the main purpose of this challenge is to give a chance of doing something to the guys who are new to the feild or need some practicle stuff. A lot of guys always asking me by pm or email that they need some stuff. So I had put coil plate first in another topic, then put back body on same and this coil tray in this topic.

U r right MS, this mold is consist of all cores, sliders and lifters, and need a lot of time to design. I will put the pics of my mold but after the guys make their own effort.

smiley19.gif

hi zaki,

i looked your part. i want to make mold it. but you can give a litte hint. because i am a new user in mold design. but i want to learn too much. thanks

i am waiting your post. bye

Hi Arcane

there is only one hint I can give u that It is nearly impossible to open a mold by the simple pro e work flow, u can only create mold volumes and trim them by geometry. Only a little area left as punch and cavity, all other area will cover by sliders and lifters. Try hard and I will post the picture of my mold soon.

next time post a file in a step format so that guys who don't have imediate acces to proe (or have to currently use something else)can look at it....

Dear Zaki..

Already downloaded ur model, the size is 1.264. Whe I opened up the model in Pro/E WF 2.0, nothing is inside the model. Is there compatibility problem with this model..? Or any configuration that I missed?

Thx in advance

453NK (Asenk)

Hi Asenk

I think that part is very heavy so I had suppressed all features, just resume all features.

Thx Zaki.

I've had already done the resume. Now I've got these message bellow while resuming,

WARNING: external reference not present, feature frozen (id:4965).
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 67 out of 404 ...
WARNING: Design intent is unclear. Use "Info"/"Geom Check" menu for details.
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 68 out of 404 ...
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 70 out of 404 ...
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 190 out of 404 ...
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 269 out of 404 ...
WARNING: External reference not present, datum point frozen (feat id: 21246).
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 270 out of 404 ...
WARNING: External reference not present, datum point frozen (feat id: 21256).
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 369 out of 404 ...
WARNING: External reference not present, SURFACE frozen (feat id: 27317).
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 373 out of 404 ...
Line 1 in section: Invalid left side of assignment
Regenerating C_TRAY feature 404 out of 404 ...
Regeneration completed successfully.

I've done the Geometry Check, but I've no idea about what the error message talk about, for example in Feature Protrusion_ID_3533 the message in the item inside is:

Non manifold geometry may have been created
Analyze hilited edges and redefine the feature

Could u or others help?

Thx

what u first resume?? workpeice part name wrk or mfg file?? first open theone_wrk.prt file and go to edit resume all then save the part and open mfg file and do same and it will work, I had checked.

Dear Mr. Zaki

your work is really commendable.

I have been trying to figure it out for the last two weeks, but
smiley29.gif

it is too complex,

can we just have the solutions

Great work anyways.

Thanx for ur complements Giridhar, only thing I am always put in front of me that try try and try and u must got a way.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back