Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Model Size" details

xandu

I've got a pretty complicated surface (it's kind of a funny-looking potato chip), and I'm trying to figure out the minimum amount of material required to machine it. It's titanium, so material reduction is kind of important in this case. It seems the "Info -> Model Size" functionality gives the box I'm looking for, and the diagonal dimensions, but I'm really looking for the dimensions of this box. Any ideas?

This is something that I would also like to know. It would be very usefull if there existed parameter containing measures of that box.
At my university one guy had a crack at it but his procedure of measuring boundary measurements of a part were only partially succesfull.
It would be peace of cake for ptc guys to add all dimensions of that box in output info.

HI
U CAN EXACTLY FIND OUT THE BLOCK SIZE BY CREATING WORK PIECE IN THE ASSEMBLY, NC MODEL .

IN THIS U CAN GET THE EXACT ENVELOPE SIZE AUTOMATICALLY AND DEFINE THE SIZE OF THE BLOCK AS IN PRO/MOULD, LATER ADD THIS ASSEMBLY TO THE NC ASSEMBLY
Edited by: dibz

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back