Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 3.0 mechanisms

mason82

Using WF 3.0 with no mechanism design extension. Is there no way to redefine mechanism connections in assemblies? I'm having to delete the entire component from assembly then put it back in to change, for example, an offset distance in a pin connection.

Thanks

[edit] --> I realize now I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry.
Edited by: mason82

Do you have a license of the Foundation Advantage Package (FAP)? This has beenthe "basic" package of Pro/Engineer for the past couple years, and comes with MDX (Mechanism Design Extension), which allows you to create connections, joint axis settings, motors, measures, etc., for kinematic analyses (study of motion to compute position, velocity, and acceleration). MDO (Mechanism Dynamics Option) incorporates inertia, forces, anddynamic entities (springs and dampers) for dynamic analyses.

If you just have a license of Foundation, I highly recommend looking into getting your licenses up to FAP, because you will get a host of incredible modules...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back