Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Proe shuts down when trying to print

tazbaby

Good morning,

Ive come into work this mornin to find that my printer has died !! Tho it has served me well it has gone at a really inconvenient time !

I have had to connect to a networked HP1220c, which is the only othe A3 printer available in the office. I can print office documents OK ( excel, Powerpoint.. etc.. ), but every time i try to print from Proe, Proe shuts down !!?

Im running Pro 2001, running on Windows XP. All drivers are installed and up to date.

Any ideas welcome

TIA

Taz

Hi,

I can only suspect that there is a problem in generating the plot file.As the printer prints what ever is fed to it..!

Are you able to generate a plot file?

good luck

Sorted... I had to delete ALL of the drivers and print without them..

Works perfect now
smiley36.gif

Taz

Great!!

How did you suspect on the drivers? Can you please throw some light on how did you solve this problem..?

Thanks

Hi,

It was a long shot with the drivers.. I figured if it didn't work with the drivers... i'd try it without !! LOL..

Glad it worked, I think i might have been in trouble if it hadnt !!

@ Ankarl - Its a new network as weve just moved offices.. I will investigate..

Taz

Hey Taz,

I had the same problem with my 1220c and wildfire. I installed the driver for the next generation of printers replacing the 1220c and it worked just fine ever since. If you need specifics, I can post again...

Canvas Falcon

Hi CanvasF...

It seems to be running fine withy no drivers at all
smiley4.gif
... i guess there must be a conflict with this printers drivers and Proe.

Will keep ya posted..

Taz

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back