Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mcad_central is a resource hog

pmack009

Over the past few months I have notice extremely slow computer speed after opening mcad web pages in the morning. If I have more then three windows my pc will just stop. If I have one window it takes about 35% of my cpu. Anyone else have this problem or is this a internal thing?

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />2006-04-29_131104_mcad_resource_hog.zip

With 49 processes running on your PC almost anything could be happening without your explicit knowledge.

Admittedly I am running Win2k SP4 and FireFox 1.5 but I can have any number of windows and tabs open on MCAD Central and once they have finished loading CPU usage drops back down to almost zero.

Try using performance monitor to track which processes are actually using the CPU. It has far more capability than Task Manager. Is it your browser, or is it virus scanning or some other process sucking the CPU. Is your browser and java up to date.

DB

I have the same problem. My system slows down only if I'm at MCAD. Sometimes my browser locks up and I have to CAD my way out.

I'm not able to use performance monitor. the admin lock every thing down. There under the impression that there the only ones that know how to use a PC even though the network here sucks. The fools don

It has been my experience that most IT guys are this way. It must be tought in class or something. We are considered DEU, (Dumb End User). It's the whole God like feeling I think. They have the power to restricted, monitor, and shutdown remotely when ever they like. I call them BHA, (Big Head Admin).

My experience of most IT dorks also is they cause more problems than they solve for all except the noobs.

My best guess is that something installed on your system is interacting really badly when you are on MCAD Central and probably other sites as well, you just haven't noticed it.

Just to show that the problem is not solely a function of MCAD Central, see the attached screenshot with WF2 running and 5 windows of MC.

2006-05-02_023810_Non-hog.zip

As for the turkeys in your IT departments, you have my deepest sympathies.
smiley11.gif

DB

Edited by: Dell_Boy

This is a good I.T. bash.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I was going todo the computer programming thing for college but all the teaches and students where just a bunch of pricks so I went with mcad.

I guess it tacks a degree now toinstall windows?

I already know that I.E. suck that why I use firefox at home.

I may sound like I'm going over to the dark side, but I'm going to college at the moment to become a IT guy. I still don't like most IT guys I've met. I just hope they don't inject Big heada-i-dis as a pre-requisite.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back