Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help me Split Core and Cavity, please

The part is pretty basic.

Start your manufacturing file.

Place the fork in the assembly. Adjust your the model to line up with the pull direction as needed.

Use the silhoutte curve tool, no changes need to be made the feature.

Use the Skirt surface tool. Here you will need to adjust your extension directions.

Should be pretty straight forward.

It's a little hard to explain, without making pic's which I don't have time for now, but:

Creating a surface bounded by four sides where two adjacent curves intersect tangentially. THe areas in between the fork tineshad to be created with boundary surfaces. The ones at the opening where the corner radii are has such a condition. I ran across the recently in anohter case and found Unigraphics can do it but ProE couldn't. I call tech-support and they said "no, it can't do it becuase the where the curves of intersect in the corner they are tangent". I couldn't get ProE to do it here either. So, I created my curves and exported them to Mastercam and did a coons-patch and brought the surfaces back in and merged with the ProE skirt surface for the rest of the parting surface, and then split it.

Hello Friends,

I have given this a try ....
Uploading it ...

Regards,
smiley2.gif
Sunil
smiley2.gif

2006-05-01_143546_cavity.neu.zip2006-05-01_143648_punch.neu.zip

sunil, Your punch has major die-lock at the tines end.. You will have a difficult time getting the part out without damaging it.

Hello rcamp,

I thank you very much for your comments. It would be grateful if you could post the pictures, highlighting what you are trying to comment, for the benefit of all the members.

Regards,
Sunil

NicePG. Did you use a 4-sided boundary in between the fork tines? It looks like you followed the partine line curve so that there are no undercuts. Did you avoid sharps edges all the way around>

Do you have sample parts where they have been gate like the molding that you show? I would think the one on the end would bw all you would want in order to avoid warpage, but warpage may not be a factor on these parts.

Good work!

rcamp said:
Did you use a 4-sided boundary in between the fork tines? It looks like you followed the partine line curve so that there are no undercuts.

You are absolutely right!
smiley2.gif

rcamp said:
Do you have sample parts where they have been gate like the molding that you show?

Yes...

Try create parting surface for this part, if you want:

***Corrected link:http://rapidshare.de/files/19739245/w-l.neu.zip.html

View attachment 2229

rcamp said:
Good work!

Thanks!
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Pro-Grizzly

why?

"You want to download a file. Please scroll down to choose FREE or PREMIUM-download."

continue said:
why?

"You want to download a file. Please scroll down to choose FREE or PREMIUM-download."

It's normal...

- Click "Free" button;

-Then wait for about 25 seconds countdown;

- Fill in rectangular field;

- Then press "Download..." button.
Edited by: Pro-Grizzly

Hi Grizzely

If u can upload ur pro e part file here I will try next time. actually the way thats this part could split is not possible by this part. we must leave a surface in the part before making the front fork cuts in part. If u upload that part I will make it bcoz I cant redefine the part in neutral file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back