Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Toroidal Bend

Chevylover01

Does anyone know how to make a toroidal bend bend the solid around a different axis? The tire models that are availabe online were heplful but I still can't get Pro to do what I want. It may help to think that the tire models are like a typical ball bearing and i need it too look likt a thrust bearing.

Thanks I'll have to take a look at that box Om.

Jipsy - maybe I didn't explain the question very well. I need to bend the edges of my part downward just like your tire, however, i need it bent horizantally around in a circle, i have managed to get the model to look ok but the feature fails if i go completely vetical with my sketch. What is the easiest way to post pictures to this topic? I can't get the option to paste my images.

Thanks
Ryan

Can you give more details about warp feature. Your post is very good because it is the first time I have a succes with the toroidal blend

i need more help/detail on the last step of jipsy's post - i for some reason cannot figure out how to put in the coordinate system into the sketch window in order to finalize it

You can use sketch coordinate system that is under point icon. You see an arrow under the point icon.
Jipsy

Hi guys, I need some help with this. I'm trying to model a stent, and I don't need the first bend (profile sketch bend), what can I do to avoid this option?

Hi,
Could Some one please help me to use the warp tool to bend the edges like its shown here by Jipsy. I ve been tryin to do this but I couldnt :(

Hai,
Some one please help me to use the warp tool to bend the edges like its shown here by Jipsy. I ve been tryin to do this but I couldnt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back